Thursday, June 01, 2006

Some News on How You Can Cut Student Loan Costs

I've been hearing the buzz all around that my student loan interest rates will be going up come July 1st. For someone with over $31,000 in student loans, if the rates raise just a few points - it's going to hurt a little. I didn't think there was much I could do since it's a federal loan.

Turns out maybe something can be done and we all have until June 30th to make it happen. U.S. News & World report has an article on cutting your student loan costs. There is also an article to read that details when it might be best to not consolidate your student loans.

If you have student loans, make sure you check out the articles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, thats interesting. The when not to consolidate article says that you lose deferment on loans if you consolidate while an underclassmen. I'm going to have to look into this as I was under the impression that you didn't, at least from what I've read about Federal Direct Stafford loans.