Friday, May 05, 2006

Deal or No Deal Disappointment

I watched Deal or No Deal tonight, and I saw greed get the best of the contestant. She had the option of taking home $299,000 - but she kept going. She ended up going home with $25,000.

This show fascinates me and it's interesting to watch how far people are willing to go. So, I figured I would go to the website and see how one could apply to get on the show.

They have a lengthy application and I was reading through it. The questions seemed fine enough but then I got down to the "fine print". Under contestant selection, it states that you must fill out the application AND attend one or more audition/interview sessions. Ouch. I live in the middle of nowhere and a trip to a major city would cost big bucks. It's a shame that so many are excluded from applying right off the bat because I know of a few people in my area that would be a hoot on the show.

Oh well. It's not meant to be, and they wouldn't want me anyways. The minute I got enough to pay off all my debt I would deal and I wouldn't make for good TV. Even if I had all the large amounts remaining.

Well, enough of that - I see that I can enter (for free) to name Carla and Turks's baby on the TV show Scrubs and I am so gonna go for it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia,

I just wanted to wish you all the best in paying off your credit card debt. I was once in that boat and you just need to keep going, you'll get there soon

Good on you.

BAD said...

Medicated - I agree that the husband looked very sad. One thing I guess we are missing when watching the show is the financial situation of contestants when they are there. Who knows? Maybe $150,000 is a drop in the bucket for that couple, whereas for a lot of us it is a lot of money.

Anonymous - Wow, thank you so much for your words of encouragement and congrats on your sucessful debt payoff! :)